Friday, September 7, 2012

Hot Corn Dip

I'm not a sports fan.  At all.  I don't have a team that I obsess over or paint my face the colors of the team on their opening game.  However, I do get a huge kick out of watching sporting events for the sole purpose of seeing the depressed fans of the losing team.  If there are rival college football teams playing, those fans are the most dramatic.  I've seen people crying in the stands when their team loses.  You'd think that their grandma got attacked by a flock of pigeons while taking a stroll to the local market and got hospitalized with a rare disease from being pecked on the forearm.  It'll be okay, folks!  

I think a bit of this dip would keep them in high spirits even if their obsession team loses.  This is a great alternative to the usual dips found at football parties.  Not that there is anything wrong with those dips.  I love them, too.  In fact, I crave my friend Angel's buffalo chicken dip fortnightly.  Why did you have to move to Utah?!  This was tasty.  I quite enjoyed it, and I think you will too.

Hot Corn Dip

1 c shredded cheddar cheese
1 c Monterey Jack cheese
2 T chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, minced (I omitted this so my husband's esophagus didn't rupture from heartburn)
1 can 4 oz diced green chilies, undrained
1/2 c mayonnaise
1/4 t garlic powder
11 oz can of corn
1 small tomato
2 T cilantro, chopped
2 T green onion, sliced

Preheat the oven to 350.  

In an oven safe bowl, mix the cheeses, chipotle peppers (if using), green chilies, mayonnaise, garlic powder, and corn.  

Bake it for twenty minutes.

Take it out and top it with the diced tomatoes, cilantro, and green onions.

Serve with chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment