Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The (attempt at) California Pizza Kitchen Guacamole

I had posted a different recipe on here earlier that I had created after eating the California Pizza Kitchen guacamole once, but luckily, some anonymous person left me a comment letting me know that I was way off, and she shooed me off to another website.  I'm glad she did!  This new recipe is amazing!  I have posted the link to that website above the ingredient list.  I did add an extra avocado to make it more guacamolish, but you can stick with the one avocado if you'd like it to be more like California Pizza Kitchen's guacamole.

As a side note, you should have seen me trying to find jicama in the grocery store!  I have never bought it, and I have never seen a picture of it.  I was reading the labels one by one hoping to find it.  Sure enough, I found the label.  Then, I picked up this coconut/potato thing.  By the time I had to use it, I didn't know if I should peel it, crack it, or slice it.  I got into, and it has the texture of a potato or an apple.  Weird, but I kind of liked it!  It gives the guacamole a nice little crunch.  I think if you make this guacamole, you'll be all smiles.  :)
California Pizza Kitchen Guacamole

1 avocado, diced fine (I used 2)
1/2 c sweet white corn
1/4 c black beans
1/4 c jicama, diced fine
1/2 c onions, diced fine
1/2 of a red bell pepper, diced fine
1 serrano pepper, seeded and deveined, diced fine
1 handful cilantro
juice of 1 of a lime
1/2 t salt

Combine all of the ingredients.  Done! 

14 comments:

  1. I LOVE you!!! Thank you for recreating this!! I am in heaven :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm feeling the love, Lisa! It's not identical, but I think it is pretty close. Let me know if you try it and like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved it. My kids ate it up. Definitely best with 2 avocados. Also, I used a jalapeno because that's what I had. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad you and your kids loved it! Sometimes getting kids to like something is the whole battle. This is still one of my favorite recipes. Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for posting this. You made my day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do! I'm sure it's not exact, but I think it's pretty close. Wad it in a big ball, sprinkle chips next to it, and sell it for 7.99! :)

      Delete
    2. EXACTLY! We would get this carry out every now and again, but the portions were so ridiculously small, you had to get five orders. I think this recipe absolutely nailed it!

      Delete
    3. Awesome! I'm so glad you loved it. I might have to make it again soon!

      Delete
  6. I just enjoyed it at CPK and I don't remember any onion so I don't
    know if I will use it. And is the corn raw or lightly cooked?
    It was delicious but the best thing that I also ordered was the
    spicy chicken tinga quesadilla-I would have paid double for it-
    one of the best foods I have eaten in months. Let me know about the
    corn please. Thanks-adorable background for your site. Bama Proctor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! I just used canned corn in the guacamole, and I didn't cook it. I just drained it and stirred it in. I'm sure if you lightly cooked it, it would be fine. I'm going to have to try the chicken tinga quesadilla! That sounds delicious! You'll have to let me know if you try the recipe and like it. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. Thanks for the wonderful recipe. I made today and it was a super dooper hit!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I'm glad you loved it. I might need to make it again soon. It's been too long!

      Delete
  8. Very Yummy! Definitely best with 2 avocados. Will make it again soon!!

    ReplyDelete