Thursday, February 9, 2012

Triple Chocolate Cookies

"oh, my..."
"Those cookies!  I ate all four of them and it hasn't even been 24 hours!"
"I could not love any human child more than I love your cookies."  
"He was slobbering all over those cookies you gave him."
"Which Greek God reappeared to present you with this wonderful creation."
Okay, I made up the last one, but the top four were honest-to-goodness comments that I got when I delivered these cookies to people.  This recipe is so good.  While my children threw about 30 bouncy balls down the stairs, I was staring off into space wondering where this recipe has been my whole life.  Then I figured that I still have a long life to live so better to get my paws on this recipe now than in 50 years when my eyesight is too bad to read a recipe, and my hands are too shaky to hold a teaspoon.  These cookies will bring a smile to anyone's face.  They are chewy and have three different types of chocolate.  Now, we're talking!  Give them a shot.  You won't regret it.
 Triple Chocolate Cookies:
source: Cafe Nordstrom (Thanks, Rachael!)

1 c butter (2 sticks), at room temperature
2 c flour
2/3 c cocoa powder
1 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
1 lb bitter-sweet chocolate, cut into chunks (I used semi-sweet chocolate chips)
2 c firmly packed brown sugar
2 eggs, at room temperature
1 1/3 c white chocolate chips
1 c chopped walnuts or pecans, optional

In a large bowl, whisk the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.

 In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar.
 It'll be light and fluffy.
 Add the eggs, one at a time, into the dough.  mix well after each addition.
 Melt the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl in 30 second intervals until it is smooth.  Add it to the dough.
 Stir that up.
 Add the flour mixture in two batches, mixing well after each addition.  Add the white chocolate chips.
 Using a cookie scoop or an ice cream scoop, plop the dough onto a cookie sheet.
 Bake in a 350 degree oven for 10-11 minutes.  Do not cook them any longer!  They seem a bit underdone, but if you cook them longer, they will dry out.  Once they cool a little, they set up quite nicely.
Serve with a nice, cold glass of milk and wait for the moans and groans.  If you bake them, they will come.

No comments:

Post a Comment