Sunday, September 4, 2011

Loaded Mashed Potatoes

Holy delicious potatoes, Batman!  As you can see, my greatest love (cheese) is melted all over the top of these creamy, flavorful glorified mashed potatoes.  I honestly think I would take these over mashed potatoes and gravy.  Well, I suppose it depends on the meal. If someone tried to give these to me on Thanksgiving, I think I would shoot a look that would melt an ice sculpture of a turkey and a couple of pilgrims.  However, when you're in a bind and don't have pan drippings or a gracy mix, this is a superb way to serve up some potatoes. 

 Loaded Mashed Potatoes:
source- my head after seeing something similar elsewhere

6 servings prepared mashed potatoes I just used instant potatoes)
2 green onions, chopped
1/3 c shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 c sour cream
1 t minced garlic
salt and pepper
cheddar cheese slices

Prepare the potatoes according to the package directions.  once they're done, add the shredded cheese, green onions, sour cream, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste.  Stir it up.
 Top with the slices of cheddar cheese.  I made mine nice and thick.  :)  Cover them with foil and put them in the oven for about 5-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted. 
If I could add music, I would add the Doors song, "the end."  And if you know this song, these potatoes just may be your only friend after spending just a few minutes with them since you're not going to want to share!  I think my daughter devoured hers before anything else on her plate, and my husband actually asked for the leftovers for breakfast the next day.  Now that would be a breakfast of champions.  Enjoy your taters!

No comments:

Post a Comment