Monday, August 29, 2011

Fudgy Brownies #2

I don't think the fact that fudgy rhymes with pudgy is a coincidence.  Why?  Because after eating one of these amazing fudgy brownies, you're going to want to eat the whole darn pan, and that will make you pudgy.  I told a co-worker that I would be happy to bring in sweets any time, but that I would not be responsible for the effects on the waistline or the teeth.  That co-worker is taking full responsibility for anything that may transpire from these and other concoctions I whip up on a whim.  May the force be with you on that one!  

 I recently got the new Taste of Home Cookbook, an I stumbled across a brownie recipe.  I had everything on hand, so I thought that I'd give them a try.  Well, once they were slightly cooled, I cut up a couple and served them with a scoop of ice cream for my husband and I.  Let me tell you... That recipe is amazing.  It's hard to find just the right brownie recipe, but I think this one may have hit the jackpot with me.  Fudgy is definitely an adjective that would be perfect to describe these. Get your milk ready!  Or better yet- get some ice cream ready!

Fudgy Brownies:

1 c butter, cubed
4 oz unsweetened chocolate, chopped
4 eggs
2 c sugar
1 t vanilla
1 c flour
1 c semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 c chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)

Melt the butter and chocolate in the microwave in a microwave-safe bowl.  Stir it about every 30 until it is melted.  Cool slightly.  The fridge works wonders for that.

In a large bowl, beat the eggs and sugar together.  Mix in the vanilla.  Add the chocolate mixture and stir to combine.

Add the flour and chocolate chips (and nuts, if you're using them); mix well.

Pour into a greased 9x13 pan and bake in a 350 degree oven for 25-30 minutes.

I had to cook mine for about 5 more minutes.  Make sure you stick a toothpick in the middle to test if it comes out clean.

Let them cool slightly, mainly because you will not be able to resist the smell of them any longer than that because the smell drives you mad if you can't eat them right away.

My husband was telling me that when his mom made brownies growing up, she wouldn't let them touch the brownies until they were completely cool.  He just couldn't take it.  I think he has been warm brownie frustrated his entire life until I came along.  Mom-in-law, if you're reading this... we still love you!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment