Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Cheesy Garlic Bread

As I was typing the title of this post, I realized that this was my second post that starts with "Cheesy, Garlic."  Ha!  I've got issues.  At least my issues taste good!  This bread is out of this world.  I love, love, loved it!  It is definitely cheesy and garlicky!  This bread is pretty easy to whip up, and it goes great with any Italian dinner or any other dinner for that matter.

Cheesy Garlic Bread
source: Worldwide Ward Cookbook- Secret Recipes

1/2 c butter, softened
3/4 c mayonnaise
1 bunch green onions, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/4 c grated Parmesan cheese
1 1/2 c Monterey Jack cheese
 1 loaf French bread, halved

Preheat oven to 350.

Add all ingredients except the bread in a bowl and stir to combine.  Spread the mixture over the tops of the halved French bread.
 Here is the finished product before it goes into the oven. 
 Put the bread in the oven for 8 minutes.  Set the oven to broil.  Watch the bread closely and remove it when the top is bubbly and starting to brown. 
 Remove the bread.  Let it cool slightly and cut into pieces. 
Let the drooling begin.  This bread is wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment