Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Pancakes with Strawberry Syrup

Now, I know that these cute little heart-shaped pancakes with strawberry syrup would have been good to do on Valentine's Day, which is when I did them for my kids, but this is a fantastic way to spread some love on a non-Valentine's Day ...day :)

Your favorite pancakes (I suggest these) please, for the love of every cute child do NOT use Bisquick pancakes.

1/4 c sugar
1 T cornstarch
1/2 c cold water
2 c fresh strawberries, chopped

Add the sugar and cornstarch to a saucepan. Add the water and chopped strawberries. Mash the strawberries with a potato masher or a wooden spoon, so they aren't so chunky. Bring the water to a boil and cook the mixture until it thickens. Once it is to a thickness you like, you can turn the heat down until you're ready to use the syrup.

Once your pancakes are cooked, use a heart-shaped cookie cutter to make the heart-shaped pancakes. Aren't they cute?
Pour some strawberry syrup over them and top with whipped cream. Serve to some happy people.
As I was making this strawberry syrup, I was thinking it would be mighty tasty to use strawberries, blueberries, and blackberries for the syrup. Oh, snap. When berries are in season, I'm on it. Enjoy your pancakes. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment