Monday, October 4, 2010

Orange Yogurt Bread

Sometimes on weekends, I'll wake up and want something other than yogurt, cereal, toast, or pancakes. I know... I live an adventurous life. Sure enough, on Saturday, I wanted something new to try. I started flipping through my trusty Taste of Home Cookbooks. I came across this recipe and thought I'd give it a shot. I'm sure glad I did. It came out great. It tasted like pound cake with a hint of orange. This recipe shall go down as a family favorite for sure.

Orange Yogurt Bread:
adapted from Taste of Home Baking Book

2/3 c butter, softened
1 1/4 c sugar
2 eggs
1/2 c vanilla yogurt
1/2 c orange juice
1 T grated orange peel
2 1/2 c flour
1/2 t baking powder
1/2 t baking soda
1/2 t salt

Preheat the oven to 350.

Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs- one at a time. Add the yogurt, orange juice, and orange peel. Combine the remaining dry ingredients and add to the mixing bowl. Mix well.

The original recipe said to pour it into one 9x5x3 pan, but I poured mine into two smaller loaf pans. If you do one pan, bake it or 55-65 minutes. If you do the smaller pans, bake for 35-45 minutes. Take it out of the oven and poke a toothpick in the middle to see if it comes out clean. If it doesn't come out clean, bake it for 3-5 minutes increments until it does. Cool for about ten minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool.

Embrace the orangy taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment