Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies

Oh, how I love chocolate chip cookies. I think I mentioned on my last chocolate chip cookie recipe that I will always try new recipes because I always know there's a better one out there. Well, my friends, the hunt is over. I have found them. I found this recipe over a year ago on icookstuff.blogspot.com. I forgot about it and stumbled upon it again today. Thank my lucky stars that I did. I forgot how delicious and perfect these cookies are. The guy Bob that does the blog is an amazing cook, and his blog and a few awesome friends are what inspired me to start my blog. So, if you like what you see here, go check out his food blog. It's amazing. Thanks, Bob! You rock. Now, back to the cookies. Wait, let me wipe the drool off my chin. Looking at that picture is torture. I want to eat them all. They have the best flavor. Good. They don't look like wafers. Good. They aren't crunchy. Hallelujah! They don't go stale in two hours. Woohoo! When you take them into an office, you might get attacked. Bad. I did take some into my Head of School, my principal, and a co-teacher, and they loved them. My boss came in and said I was getting a 30,000 a year raise. jk :) Any time you take these anywhere, you will get complements and requests for the recipe. I'm glad Bob shared it on his site so I can share it with you all. Have your milk ready because these cookies are out of this world. Don't worry- I won't write any more odes- although this cookie deserves some kind of poem to go along with it.

Chocolate Chip Cookies (look no further for the best recipe.)
found on http://icookstuff.blogspot.com/2009/01/best-chocolate-chip-cookies-period.html

2 cups plus 2 tbl flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 sticks (12 tbl) butter, melted & cooled until warm
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 large egg plus 1 yolk
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.

Combine the dry ingredients. Set aside. Cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add the egg yolk and the egg. Mix well. Add the vanilla. Incorporate the flour mixture. Add the Chocolate chips. Put big scoops onto a cookie sheet. Space a couple inches apart. Bake for 10-14 minutes. Don't overbake! They will appear underdone, but they aren't. They are working their magic to become chewy. Cool for a few minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool.

Just in case you don't get that they are the best- here's a couple more shots. :)

















By the way, these would be amazing with white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts. Just sayin'.

1 comment:

  1. Delish! I've used this cookie recipe twice, & my sweet-tooth daughter said they were the best ever!

    ReplyDelete