Thursday, January 2, 2014

Soft-baked Funfetti Sugar Cookies

By the time December rolls around, I swear that I'm not going to go overboard with baking since I'm tired from work, kids, home, and school stuff.  Then, I try one new recipe and go completely mad with baking!  This was the amazing recipe that started my baking frenzy this last year.  They are seriously so tasty.  They're soft, fluffy, and taste fantastic.  One of the cool things about these cookies is that you can customize the colors of sprinkles for whatever occasion you're baking for.  Awesome!  This recipe is a keeper for sure!
Funfetti Cookies
source: http://sallysbakingaddiction.com/2013/04/26/soft-baked-funfetti-sugar-cookies/ (Thanks Sally!)

1/2 c sugar, softened
3/4 c sugar
1 lg egg
1 t vanilla
1 1/2 c flour
1/4 t salt
1 t baking powder
1/2 t baking soda
1 t cream of tartar (MUST use!)
1/2 c sprinkles, plus more for sprinkling on top before baking

Cream the butter in a mixer on medium speed for 1-2 minutes or until it's nice and fluffy.  Add the sugars and beat for another minute.  Mix in the egg and vanilla.  Scrape down the bowl, if needed.

In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients and mix to combine.  With the mixer on low speed, add the dry ingredients to the creamed butter mixture in three parts, mixing well after each addition.

The batter will be quite thick.  Add the sprinkles.  I only used about 1/4 c of sprinkles, and I thought that was plenty.

Scoop the dough with an ice cream scoop onto cookie sheets.  Sprinkle some additional sprinkles on top.

Place the dough in the fridge for 2-48 hours in the fridge to chill.

Once the dough is chilled, preheat the oven to 350.  Remove the cookie sheet and bake the cookies for 8-9 minutes but no more!  They will appear under-cooked.  They'll set up in a bit and be super soft.

They stay fresh and soft for up to a week at room temperature.

I love, love, love this recipe!

2 comments:

  1. I love the little stories you tell before each recipe, I read about six of them!! I especially like the "identity crisis brownies" story!!

    I found your page because I was looking up lemon brownies, I'm a desert lover!!

    Happy Mother's Day,

    From Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Deb! Thank you for your comment! I am a dessert lover as well! I just can't get enough of the stuff.

      Delete