Monday, June 3, 2013

Strawberry Banana Pancakes

I love pancakes.  My kids love pancakes.  I love strawberries.  My kids love strawberries.  I thought that maybe if I combined the pancakes and strawberries, I would get the vote for mom of the year.  Well, my daughter cut into the pancakes and let out a big ol' sigh and said, "Moooooooom.... I don't like mushy fruit!" And she would not eat the pancakes.  My son, who two seconds earlier said that he liked the pancakes said, "Umm, I don't like mushy fruit either."  You'd think I was trying to feed them rotten mushroom pancakes with raccoon bacon for breakfast.  

I loved these pancakes!  They were moist, and the banana and strawberry flavor was delicious.  The whipped cream on top was delicious, too.  If you have picky eaters, perhaps you could leave out the strawberries from the batter and put them on top of the pancakes instead.  That way you won't be shunned for the next year your children catch sight of a pancake and remind you of how you dared to make pancakes  with mushy fruit.  Gasp!
 Strawberry Banana Pancakes
source: http://www.canyoustayfordinner.com/2013/02/25/strawberry-banana-pancakes/

2 c flour (original recipe was 1 c flour and 1 c whole wheat flour)
4 t baking powder
1 T sugar
1 t salt
1 1/2 c milk
2 eggs
2 t vanilla
2/3 c mashed bananas (2 large very ripe bananas)
1 c chopped strawberries

Whisk the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.

In a small bowl, add the milk, eggs, and vanilla.  Whisk well.  Pour this into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.  Fold in the mashed bananas and strawberries.

Heat a skillet over medium heat and spray with cooking spray.  Drop the batter by 1/4 c onto the skillet.  Flip after three minutes, or when you see tiny bubbles around the edges.  Flip and cook for another 2-3 minutes.

Serve with syrup and whipped cream.

 Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment