Sunday, June 16, 2013

Dark Chocolate Fudgy Brownies

Here it is, folks... The brownie that you've been searching for your entire life.  The texture, taste, and flavor of these brownies is fantastic.  Another perk is that they don't require any baking chocolate.  I can't tell you how many times I've had my heart set on baking brownies late at night only to find that I don't have some fancy baking chocolate that almost every brownie recipe requires.  Drat the luck!  My brownie cravings can now be satisfied by these lovely squares of happiness.  Yes, they're that good.  
Dark Chocolate Fudgy Brownies
source: http://www.melskitchencafe.com/2012/07/the-best-fudgy-brownies.html

10 T butter (1 1/4 sticks)
1 1/4 c sugar
3/4 c plus 2 T cocoa (I used Dutch Processed, but regular works, too)
1/2 t salt
1/2 t vnilla
2 large eggs
1/2 c flour

Make sure your oven rack in in the lower third of the oven.  Preheat the oven to 325.  Line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment or foil.  I used a 9x9 pan since I don't have an 8x8.  They still turned out great.
Spray the foil or parchment with cooking spray.

Combine the butter, sugar, cocoa, and salt in a microwave-safe bowl. Cook for one minute intervals, stirring after each minute until the mixture is smooth.  Set aside and cool slightly.  It will look a bit gritty- that's fine.

Once it's cooled a tad, add the vanilla and stir with a wooden spoon.  Add the eggs, one at a time, stirring well after each one.  Once the batter is well blended, add in the flour.  Once it is all incorporated, beat vigorously for 40 strokes.  Pour into the prepared pan and smooth the top.

Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out slightly moist with batter.  Cool on a rack- if you can wait that long to eat them.

Get your milk or ice cream ready!  You'll need something to go with these rich bad boys.

3 comments:

  1. Making these with gluten free flour, so excited!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Bummer! I wish I knew how to make more gluten-free foods! Thanks for letting me know though!

      Delete