Friday, July 20, 2012

Snickerdoodle Muffins

Okay... I know I was ragging on Pinterest recently, but I have come around.  I now realize that Pinterest is a place where I can browse hundreds of recipes and create by own customized cookbook.  Awesome!  Among all of the wonderful recipes I have found was this Snickerdoodle muffin.  Oh, man.  These were just like eating a bloated, puffed up Snickerdoodle cookie.  My kids and husband gobbled them up!  And maybe I had one more than I should have.  Or two.  
 Snickerdoodle Muffins
source: http://www.culinaryconcoctionsbypeabody.com/2007/03/16/cookie-conversion/

2 sticks butter
1 c sugar
2 t vanilla
2 eggs
3/4 t baking soda
3/4 t baking powder
3/4 t cream of tarter
1/4 t nutmeg (I omitted this)
1 1/4 c sour cream
2 1/4 c flour

coating:
1 c sugar
2 T cinnamon

See this picture?  Do your eyes deceive you?  Most people would see this and say, "Hey!  Those look like some tasty Snickerdoodle cookies."  Oh, no, my friends.  These are the tops of the muffins.  Mmmm.. Did you ever see that Seinfeld episode where Elaine wanted to start a place that sells only the muffin tops?  Her boss steals the idea and calls the restaurant "Top of the Muffin to you!"  They try to get rid of the bottoms of the muffins by giving them to a homeless shelter, and the homeless folks were all upset that the tops were missing.  However, if they had the bottoms of these muffins I don't think they would protest!  They are amazing through and through.


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Cream the butter and sugar for 3-5 minutes or until it is nice and fluffy.

Add the vanilla.  Mix.  Add the eggs, one at a time, to the mixture and mix well after each addition.

In another bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and cream of tarter.  Whisk it.  Whisk it good.

Add the flour mixture and the sour cream alternately, beginning and ending with the flour.

In another small bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon.  Use a cookie scoop to plop some of the batter in the cinnamon-sugar bowl.  Roll the dough around until it is fully coated.

Put the dough into greased muffin tins.  Better yet, use paper liners.  I had one heck of  time getting some of the muffins out.

Bake them for 20-22 minutes of until golden brown around the edges.  A toothpick should also come out clean.
 Cookie?  Nope... muffin.
 Muffin?  Oh yeah.
PS- Thank you Peabody for posting this amazing recipe!  I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment