Monday, July 16, 2012

Chicken Lime Tacos

I graduated from college almost ten years ago, but I still have dreams that I am going back to college for more education.  It is always back to Snow College, where I got my Associate's degree.  This time in my dream, I went to get my apartment.  The apartments in the complex were categorized.  I saw "dance team girls," "Soccer girls," "Volleyball girls," and "Test anxiety girls."  I remembered thinking in my dream, "Oh, man.  I'm probably going to end up in that apartment."  It made me laugh so hard when I woke up.  Luckily, I woke up before my subconscious categorized me in an apartment with a bunch of people that get anxiety at the near mention of a number two pencil and little bubbles.  

If there was an apartment labeled "Mexican Food Lovers," I would surely end up in there.  Especially as of late, I just can't get enough of the stuff!  I found this taco recipe on favfamilyrecipes.com, and it is so delicious!  The fresh lime flavor really packs a punch, and it is just a really fresh and light taste for the ridiculously hot Las Vegas summers.  It's actually healthy, too!  
 Chicken Lime Tacos
source: favfamilyrecipes.com

1 1/2 lb chicken, cubed
1/4 c red wine vinegar
juice of 1 lime
2 t sugar
1 t salt
1 t black pepper
4-5 green onions, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
4 T fresh cilantro, chopped

flour tortillas

toppings:
pico de gallo
guacamole or avocados
cheese
Shredded lettuce
Chopped cilantro
sour cream
taco sauce

Heat a skillet with 1-2 T of vegetable oil over medium-high heat.  Add the chicken and cook until it is white on all sides.  In a small bowl, combine vinegar, lime juice, sugar, salt, and pepper.  Add to the chicken.  Simmer an extra ten minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.

Put the chicken mixture on a tortilla and top with your favorite toppings.

 I love this recipe!  It's so simple and delicious.  It's almost so good that I want to add extra exclamation points.  However, my obsession with correct punctuation has overruled.  :)  Now go make some delicious and healthy tacos.

No comments:

Post a Comment