Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Strawberry Pineapple Slush



Have you fellow non-alcoholic drinkers looked upon the millions of slushy alcoholic concoctions and just wished that you could have something cold, slushy, and delicious without being from a convenience store?  Well, good news my friends, there are more than virgin pina coladas and virgin strawberry dacquiris in our line of sight.  Take this, for example.  It only calls for three ingredients, and it is glorious.  As an added bonus, it was the perfect pink drink for my Valentine's Day dinner.  As an added bonus, you will still be able to make logical choices and walk in a straight line after you drink it.  Although, you may do a little crazy dance out of sheer delight for having a pink, slushy drink topped with a fanned strawberry.

Strawberry Pineapple Slush
Source: Worldwide Ward Cookbook: Secret Recipes
servings: 4 1 1/2 c servings

5 oz. frozen strawberries in syrup
1/4 gallon (4 cups) pineapple Sherbet
1/3 of a 2 L bottle of Sprite or Cherry 7-up
4 Strawberries (optional)
sugar (optional)

Combine the frozen strawberries, sherbet, and Sprite in a blender and turn it on.  30 seconds later, you're good to go.  Easy!

If you'd like, make thin slices through the strawberries and gently fan them apart to garnish the top.

Also, you could do suagr-rimmed glasses, which I didn't think of until I already poured the stuff in.  To get a nice rim of sugar, prepare a bowl of water and a bowl of sugar.  Dip the glass into the water then into the sugar. 

Pour the slush into the glasses and garnish with the strawberry.  Lovely!
Now all I need is this drink to accompany me on a cruise in the Mexican Riveria.  There, I will have shirtless, buff Latin heart-throbs fan me with palm leaves and convince me that I look great with a belly the size of a basketball. And one of them will be playing Latin guitar music like at the beginning of Desperado.  Perfect. 

1 comment:

  1. What a fantastic color. This is my first visit to your blog, so I spent some time browsing through your earlier posts. I'm so glad I did that. I really like the food and recipes you share with your readers and I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete