Friday, May 27, 2011

Brazilian Lemonade

First off, I know that I said I won't be posting again until July.  Well, after taking a couple weeks off, I feel a little empty.  I love to blog recipes, and I am still eating (since anorexia is not in my diet plan).  Here I am.  I obviously won't be posting many sweets (sniff, sniff), but I've got a few things that I would like to share with the world.

Now, this lemonade... I don't have a picture because we drank it so fast I could snap a picture in time.  This stuff is amazing.  Think of a glass- preferably a cool vintage glass with a picture of a llama etched onto it or something.  Now, fill that glass with love.  Fill it with glory.  Fill it with hope.  Fill it with happiness.  That is what the picture of this lemonade would look like. 

It seems crazy, but you've got to try it!  I couldn't imagine anyone not liking this stuff.  It tastes like sweet and frothy limeade.  Sweet mercy!

Brazilian Lemonade
source: Our Best Bites website I also have it in the "Our Best Bites" cookbook, which is a fantastic cookbook if you're looking to buy a new one.  The website also gives step by step instructions and a wonderful picture.

1 c sugar
6 c cold water
4 limes- smooth, thin skin will be juicier and sweeter
6 T sweetened condensed milk

Mix the sugar and cold water. 

Wash the skin of the limes with soap to remove the wax and any pesticides.  Trim off the ends of the limes.  Cut them in half.  Then cut them into fourths.  Each lime will be cut into 8 pieces. 

Put half of the limes and half of the sugae water into the blender and pulse five times.  Place a strainer over a large bowl or pitcher and pour the lime/sugar water into bowl or pitcher.  Use a spatula to press any remaining juice through the mesh. 

Repeat the process with the rest of the limes and sugar water.

Once you have all of it in the pitcher, add the sweetened condensed milk and stir to combine.

Serve in a large glass over ice. 

I'm telling you!  You've got to try this.  It's fantastic.  I can't wait to make it for my next BBQ.  Moans and groans will fill the air. 

No comments:

Post a Comment