Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Layers of Love Chocolate Brownies (Jude Brownies)

I know it's hard to believe, but I did not come up with the name for these brownies.  Although I probably would have named them something similar.  There are definitely layers.  There is a lot of love that goes into these bad boys.  And they are chocolate brownies... obviously.  I took these and the homemade snickers to a dinner group, and those desserts was gobbled down in minutes!
Layers of love Chocolate Brownies:
source: from the packaging of an 8x8 pan I bought months ago

3/4 c flour
3/4 c cocoa
1/4 t salt
1/2 c butter
1/2 c sugar
1/2 c brown sugar
3 large eggs, divided
2 t vanilla
1 c chopped pecans
3/4 c white chocolate chips
1/2 c caramel ice cream topping
3/4 c chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease an 8 x 8 pan.

Combine the flour, cocoa, and salt in a large bowl and set aside.

In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugars.  Add 2 eggs, one at a time.  Make sure you mix well after each addition.  Mix in the vanilla.
 Add 2 eggs, one at a time.  Beat well after each addition.
 Add the flour/cocoa mixture slowly to incorporate.  I have made the mistake a million times to dump it all in while the mixer was running, and I end up with a tornado of flour that coats every square of me and my kitchen.
 Reserve 3/4 c of the batter.  Set aside.

Spread the remaining batter in the bottom of the pan.  I put a plastic bag on my hand, coated it lightly with cooking spray, and spread the batter on the bottom of the pan.  If you try to use a spatula, you might use some language that you'll regret if there are children around.

Sprinkle with the pecans.  (sorry, Angel... You can omit these. I still love ya!)
 Next up- white chocolate chips.
 Drizzle with caramel ice topping.
 Take the remaining 3/4 c of batter and put it back in the mixer.  Add the remaining egg.  Beat it until it turns lighter in color.  You can see the difference in the picture below.
 Spread that on top of the caramel layer and sprinkle with chocolate chips.
 Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.

Those layers make me happy.  You know what else makes me happy?  "Hey Jude" by the Beatles.  It's kind of like how Jude can take a sad song and make it better.  These brownies can take a sad day and make it better, too.  I've now nicknamed them "Jude Brownies."

After relaying that last tidbit to my husband, he said, "You should name something after Jimmer."  *enter raised eyebrow and dirty look here* Sorry, Jimmer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment