Monday, December 27, 2010

Shakes

One thing that I love to do is make homemade shakes. They aren't difficult at all. They turn out so delicious, and you'll save tons of money if you're a frequent shake-buyer. I love all the different varieties that you can made at home. I have posted a toffee shake and a chocolate cream pie shake. I used to love getting the chocolate cream pie shake at Sonic, and I decided to try to make one at home many years ago. Sure enough- it was just as good if not better. The toffee shake is not too shabby either.
Toffee shake:
5 large scoops of vanilla ice cream
2 T milk
1 t vanilla
1/4 c toffee plus extra for garnish
whipped cream

Put the five scoops into the blender.
Ask your very anxious-to-help daughter to push the mix button on the blender.
It will be nice and smooth. With only 2 T of milk, it will still be a fairly thick shake. I think it comes out just right with this amount of milk. You may want to adjust it to your liking.
Toss in the 1/4 c of toffee. I used left over toffee from my Christmas baking extravaganza. You can also use a Heath bar or toffee baking pieces.
Mix until the toffee is mixed in well.
Pour it into a clear glass. It just looks cooler that way. Top with whipped cream and extra toffee pieces. A cherry on top is a nice touch as well. I was all out of those.
Chocolate cream pie shake

5 scoops vanilla ice cream
2 T chocolate syrup
2 T malt powder
2 T milk
1 t vanilla
1/4 c graham cracker crumbs
whipped cream

Add the ice cream, malt, milk, chocolate syrup, and vanilla into a blender. Mix until the chocolate is incorporated. Fill the bottom of a glass with graham cracker crumbs. Top with the chocolate malt shake. Top with whipped cream. Sprinkle the remaining crumbs on top. Take that, Sonic!

No comments:

Post a Comment