Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Fruit Kabobs

I remember when my husband and I were first married, we were assembling some kabobs to grill. We were sitting with his brother Adam, and we were calling it all sorts of different names. Shishking the kabobbies. Shish Kabobbing. Shishing. Kabobbing. We sure thought it was funny, but I'm getting the feeling that it's one of those "you had to be there" moments. Anyway- Sometimes instead of doing a plain ol' fruit salad. I like to shish kabob the fruit. It looks nice on a plate. There's really not much to this. Cut up fruit. Stick it on a skewer. Done. I used the fruit I had on hand, but it's delicious with melons, bananas, cut apples, or any other fruit you'd like to add. If you want to get fancy, you can make some dip to go with it. I've got a recipe for Lemon cashew dip already posted. Check it out. :)

Also, I had 4 skewers originally (which would look much nicer in the picture), but my kids got to them before my camera did. Now, go do some shishy kabobbing!

No comments:

Post a Comment