Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Sweet Heat Salsa

I so wish I could take credit for creating this recipe. I love salsa. I'm one of those crazy people at a Mexican restaurant that can down a whole bowl of salsa in five minutes flat. I love the stuff. I think it is glorious. I have never found a recipe that has completely wowed me. Until this one. It's from the Pioneer Woman website. I hope wonderful things come to that woman for posting this recipe. I love it. It is the perfect consistency for me, and the flavor is dynamite. As for the name of the salsa, I give my brother credit for that one. I took it over to my mom's house for Sunday dinner, and he said, "Man, this is like Sweet Heat salsa. It's sweet but it has some bite, too." I liked the sound of that. Well, here it is. Oh- He liked it so much, he took this picture of it for me. He works for a photography company, so his awesome camera takes way better pictures than my cool little Sony Cybershot.
Sweet Heat Salsa:
14 oz diced tomatoes
10 oz Ro-Tel tomatoes (I used the ones with cilantro)
1/4 c onion
1 clove garlic
1 jalapeno, seeded and veined
1/8 t each sugar, salt, and cumin
1/4 c cilantro
1/2 lime, juiced

Put all of that into a blender. If you like more heat, keep the veins and/or seeds. Put the lid on and pulse until it's at a consistency you like. Chill for an hour.

I'm telling you. These ingredients are a match made in heaven. For me, it's the perfect salsa. Thank you Pioneer Woman. I owe you one.

1 comment:

  1. Have I already told you how much I LOVE your blog. Keep 'em comin' sista! HA!

    ReplyDelete