Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Chocolate Chip Pancakes

I meet so many people that say they don't like pancakes. Wha?! I then ask what kind of pancakes they've had, and the majority of them say, "Bisquick Pancakes." Well, no wonder! I don't even classify those things as pancakes. You may as well mix a bunch of flour and baking powder together and add a little water to hold it together and call that a pancake. Ew. Homemade pancakes are where it is at. I love the skinny pancakes I've posted on here, and these chocolate chip pancakes are right up there, too. I have another chocolate chip pancake recipe as well, but I'll just this one up here for now. It really is delicious. The great thing about it is that the recipe is right on the back of Saco Powdered Buttermilk. All I do is add chocolate chips and Cool Whip. Mmm, mmm, good. So, if you make Bisquick pancakes, please spare your family the breakfast biscuit and make some real tasty pancakes that everyone can love. :D
Chocolate Chip Pancakes:
1/4 c SACO powdered buttermilk
1 c flour
1 T sugar
1 t baking powder
1/2 t baking soda
1/4 t salt
1 egg
1 c water
2 T vegetable oil
chocolate chips
Cool Whip

Mix all ingredients together in a mixing bowl and stir to combine.
This is the buttermilk. You can find it in the baking aisle by the powdered milk, flour, and sugar.
Heat the skillet to medium heat. Do not overstir the batter. Mix just until blended.

Pour into four circles on the heated griddle. If you like the pancakes a little toasty, you can put butter on the griddle first. I don't use the butter because I like them soft. While they are cooking, sprinkle on some chocolate chips. I used mini ones today, but you can use regular if you'd like.


Cook until the underside is golden brown. They take about 20-30 seconds to cook. When you flip them, they should look like this:

Cook the other side for another 20-30 seconds or until golden brown on the under side. Stack 'em up. Eat 'em up!

I add Cool Whip onto mine. My son just likes syrup. Then again, he's kind of like Buddy the Elf and would probably eat syrup on spaghetti noodles.
This picture is to show you the tenderness on the inside. They are so soft and fluffy. The two bottom pictures are my kids' plates after having two pancakes. They scarfed those things down in no time flat! No more complaints that pancakes are nasty. Try these out. :)

2 comments:

  1. mmmm, this makes me want to make these right now! It's too late for breakfast but lunch is coming up! Don't know if you remember me but I'm pretty sure I met you at your wedding...if it was like 7 or 8 years ago...I'm Rob Bundy's wife. Anyways cute blog and great recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brooke! I do remember you. I heard you're having twins. Congratulations and good luck! I think I would be in serious panic mode if I was having twins. Thanks for commenting on the blog. I'm glad you like it. :) It's fun to put up new recipes. Let me know if you try the pancakes!

    ReplyDelete