Sunday, January 3, 2016

Outback Green Beans Copycat

Let me tell you a little fairy tale.

There once was a guy (I'm not saying any names to protect those involved) that hated green vegetables.  I mean, he looked at them as though the were dirt clods.  It's quite safe to say that he was completely disgusted by the things.  Now, this guy was a good sport, and he would give them a try when someone put them on the table just to be nice.  However, after one bite, they sat on his plate and went cold.  Smothered in cheese?  No, thank you.  Drenched in garlic butter?  Meh. I'll pass.

Well, these French green beans were presented to him.  Disgruntled, he agreed to try them.  He took a bite, and all sitting at the table waited in eager anticipation but expected a snarl on the face.  He said, "MMM!  What did you put on these things?!  I love these!  Like,  I don't even want to eat anything else on my plate even though it all looks amazing."  He scarfed down the green beans and demanded that the recipe never be lost.  Hence, here I am documenting the recipe for this chap that has come to love a green vegetable.  *Enter a heavenly light from above with angels singing a chorus of wonder and praise.*

These really were delicious.  I've never had the Outback version of these, but if they are anywhere near this good, I'm impressed!


Outback Green Beans Copycat
source: http://www.copykat.com/2011/10/09/outback-steakhouse-steamed-green-beans/

Ingredients:
1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed on the ends
4 T butter
1 T brown sugar
1/2 t soy sauce
1/2 t garlic powder
1/8 t salt
1/8 t cracked black pepper

Steam the green beans for 8-10 minutes or until tender.

Meanwhile, add the remaining ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat.  Cook and stir until the butter is melted and the sugar is dissolved.

Place the green beans on a plate, drizzle the butter mixture over them, and toss to combine.

That's it!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment