Sunday, November 22, 2015

Pumpkin French Toast

Pumpkin spice latte.  Pumpkin doughnuts.  Pumpkin coffee creamer.  Pumpkin cookies.  Pumpkin bread.  Pumpkin oatmeal.  Pumpkin spice Oreos (ew.) Pumpkin yogurt.  Pumpkin tea.  Pumpkin is everywhere as soon as October starts!  It's nuts!  Pumpkin McNuggets.  Pumpkin salsa.  Pumpkin potato chips.  Pumpkin mayonnaise.  Pumpkin fries with a side of pumpkin ketchup.  Why not?!  While I do get tired of everything pumpkin sometimes, I made two pumpkin recipes in the same day that were worth sharing.  This pumpkin french toast was great, and I made some ridiculously amazing Pumpkin Bread that I'll post later.  I figure since I refuse to eat pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving, I may as well do something pumpkiny for the fall season.  And if you're still in shock about me not eating pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving, when there are chocolate desserts around the dessert table on Thanksgiving, I'm not touching anything with a vegetable in it!


Pumpkin French Toast
source: http://www.cookingclassy.com/2014/08/pumpkin-french-toast/

3/4 c milk
1/2 c pumpkin puree
4 eggs
2 T brown sugar
1 t vanilla
1 t cinnamon
1/4 t nutmeg

9 slices bread
butter, for griddle

whipped cream

In a pie plate, combine the milk, pumpkin puree, eggs, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg.  Whisk well until mixture is frothy and well combined.

Preheat a griddle over medium heat.  Once it is hot, spread butter on the griddle.  Dip a piece of bread in the egg mixture on both sides and place it on the griddle.  Cook for 2 minutes or until golden brown on the bottom.  Flip and cook the other side until golden brown on the bottom.

Serve with whipped cream or syrup.

No comments:

Post a Comment