Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Peanut Butter Rolo Cookies

I happened to see some Rolos on sale the other day, and I thought, "Hey!  I'm going to make some of those Rolo cookies that I keep seeing on Pinterest."  Well, as I was making them, I was telling myself how I could resist eating the entire batch single-handedly because I've been on a healthier-eating binge.  I made the dough and sampled it.  Sweet mercy- that is some good dough.  Wait... I thought I should try it one more time just in case it wasn't as good as I thought it was.  Well, folks, it was still ridiculously delicious.  When the cookies came out, I thought, "Okay... I'm going to have just one.  I don't even want to think about how many calories are in one of those bad boys."  Three cookies later, I had to put them away.  I'm telling you guys... these stinking cookies are so amazing.  See that caramel that's oozing out of there?  It is a delight.  I'm not even going to admit how many of these stupid cookies I ate the next day.  I think I need an intervention, and a carrot stick just isn't going to cut it. Maybe I'll put a carrot stick or two on a plate and surround it with three or four of these tasty morsels.  That'd be an intervention that I could go for.

These cookies are amazing, and you're going to love them!


Peanut Butter Rolo Cookies
source: http://sallysbakingaddiction.com/2012/08/01/take-2-rolo-stuffed-peanut-butter-cookies/

Yield: 2 dozen cookies

  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) salted butter, softened to room temperature
  • 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar (or light brown)
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 and 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 24 Rolos
In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and both sugars until light, fluffy, and slightly lighter in color.  It usually takes a minute or two.  Turn mixer to low, add the egg.  Mix.  Add the peanut butter.  Mix.  Add the vanilla.  You guessed it.  Mix.  Stop the mixer.  Add the baking soda and flour.  Mix until incorporated. 

Chill the dough for 30 minutes.  

Grab about a tablespoon and a half of dough.  Press the Rolo in the middle and wrap the dough around it so it's completely covered.  Place 12 on a cookie sheet, evenly spaced.  You should get 24 cookies.  If you got less, make sure you eat less cookie dough next time.  :)
Bake in a 350 degree oven for 9-10 minutes.  Do not overbake!



No comments:

Post a Comment