Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Grilled, Marinated Chicken with Vegetables

Sometimes my husband gets burnt out with chicken.  He wants nothing to do with it.  I like it because it's cheap, versatile, and easy to prepare.  Well, I had nothing else to do one night, so I found this recipe in a new cookbook that I bought from Sam's Club.  I can never have too many grilling cookbooks!  This marinade was actually for a whole chicken to be smoked.  I just had chicken breasts, so I used those.  I let it marinade for about four hours.  The recipe in the book didn't include the vegetables, but don't they look fabulous?  They were delicious, too.  When my husband took his first bite, he looked at the chicken, looked at me, and back at the chicken.  He asked, "Where did you get this recipe?"  I told him, and he said, "Don't you ever lose this recipe."  There you have it my friends!  This is the marinade to make for the man that never wants chicken again.  It was fabulous!  It was flavorful!  It was everything that grilled chicken should be.  

Grilled, Marinated Chicken with Vegetables
source: Grill Nation by David Guas

Chicken Marinade:
3 T olive oil
2 T peanut oil
2 T chopped fresh parsley
1 T chopped fresh basil
1 T chopped fresh oregano
1 T lemon juice
1 T Dijon mustard
2 t dark brown sugar
2 t Worcestershire
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2-1 t table salt
1/4 t black pepper

Chicken breasts, trimmed of all nastiness

For the vegetables:
asparagus, ends snapped off
zucchini, sliced
yellow, orange, or red bell pepper, sliced
red onion, cut into thin slices and quartered
grape tomatoes

Combine all the marinade ingredients in a Ziplock bag.  Add the chicken and marinade for 4-8 hours.  The longer, the better, my friends!

Preheat the grill medium heat between 350-400 degrees.

Place all the vegetables on a grill platter or basket.  If you don't have that, you can broil the vegetables for ten minutes about five inches from the heat source.

Place the vegetables on one side of the grill, and put the chicken on the other side.  Grill the chicken for 4-5 minutes per side or until a thermometer reaches 165 degrees.

Rotate the vegetables half way through and toss them.  Grill them for about ten minutes total or until desired doneness is reached.

Serve the vegetables and chicken on a platter.


No comments:

Post a Comment