Sunday, December 8, 2013

Crock Pot Creamed Corn

So, I took a completely unannounced hiatus from blogging.  Work is insanely busy this year, my adorable little one year old acts like she a mind of her own and can do more damage than a level 5 hurricane, and at the end of the day, the thought of looking at a computer one second longer made me a little queasy.  Well, lo and behold, here I am again.  Hopefully to post more than once every four months.  :)

This is a tasty little side dish that can be whipped up in about five minutes, and it is a delight!  Creamed corn frightened me for many years.  I wouldn't touch the stuff.  I was a bit of a vegetable purist, and I didn't think anything but butter belonged on them.  I'm come around, and boy, do I love this stuff.  This recipe is so easy, and the whole family scarfed it down.    
Slow Cooker Creamed Corn
Source: http://damndelicious.net/2013/11/24/slow-cooker-creamed-corn/
serves: 8-10

3 15 oz. cans corn, drained
1 c milk
1 T sugar
1/4 t pepper
8 oz. cream cheese, cubed
1/2 c butter (1 stick), cubed

Brace yourself for the easiness...

In the slow cooker, combine the drained corn, milk, sugar, and pepper.  Stir well.

Put the cubed cream cheese and butter on the top.  Put the lid on the slow cooker and set to low.  Cook for 2-3 hours.  Uncover and stir well.
Set the slow cooker to high and heat for 15 minutes.

Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment