Sunday, August 25, 2013

White Chocolate and Peanut Butter Chip Chocolate Cookies

During a recent trip to Target, I was paying at the register and heard some bickering.  I look over and my two older kids were in a full-on battle, complete with hitting.  I didn't dare open my mouth at the time, for fear of something worthy of a visit from CPS.  After a long discussion in the car, we finally got home.  My husband had them write an apology letter to me, and my oldest daughter handed me the best card.  It said, "Mom, sorry Owen was bothering me.  I asked him to stop.  No Luck!  Best mom ever!"  She's lucky that she is so funny!  If I didn't laugh so hard from the card, she'd be in bigger trouble.  Kids are great, aren't there?

Speaking of her, I read off a list of what cookies I should make today, and she chose these.  Boy, am I glad she did!  These are ridiculously amazing!  I love the addition of the peanut butter chips along with the white chocolate chips.  It's a perfect combination of everything.  These are going to be a new favorite around here!

White Chocolate and Peanut Butter Chip Chocolate Cookies
source: http://www.melskitchencafe.com/2012/12/white-chipper-chocolate-cookies-sugar-rush-8.html

2 1/4 c flour
2/3 c cocoa
1 t baking soda
1/4 t salt
1 c (two sticks) butter, softened
3/4 c sugar
2/3 c packed brown sugar
1 t vanilla
2 large eggs
1 1/2 c white chocolate chips (I did half white chocolate and half peanut butter chips)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a large bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.  Whisk to combine.

In a mixing bowl, cream the butter, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla until smooth and creamy.  Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.

Add in the flour mixture and mix well.  Add in the white chocolate and/or peanut butter chips.

Scoop into two inch balls and place on a cookie sheet- two inches apart.

Bake for 9-11 minutes.

Makes about 2 1/2 dozen, if you can keep your hands off the dough!

No comments:

Post a Comment