Tuesday, March 19, 2013

White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies

The car I normally drive was in the shop this week, and I asked a neighbor if she could take my daughter to and from school.  She was so kind to do that for me.  To repay her kindness the best way I know how, I whipped up a batch of these cookies.  

My kids and I all took a little walk down the road in our pajamas to deliver these.  We went in for a while and chatted while the kids played.  After a little while, I figured I should get my kids out of there before they completely destroy their house and refuse to take off the General Grevious helmet.  As we were walking out, her husband walks up behind her with half a cookie in his hand.  He said, "we need to figure out if her oven is different than ours.  Not to diss you, but your cookies are always burnt on the bottom."  I let him know that it isn't the oven but usually the cookie sheets that burn the bottom.  I told them where I got mine and how I won't use anything else.  

I walked back home, bathed my kids, and put them in bed.  I come downstairs and have a text from her.  She said, "OMG!  Best cookies ever!  My husband is sending me out to get new cookie sheets tomorrow."  

That made me smile.  I am happy to spread the secrets of good cookies to anyone who will listen.  I honestly think that a batch of delicious cookies can bring families closer together and make everyone a little (or a lot) happier.  I mean, who doesn't love a good cookie fresh out of the oven?  Especially cookies like this.  These were incredible and I may or may not have eaten five of them in one evening.  :)
 White Chocolate Macdamia Nut Cookies
source: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/white-chocolate-macadamia-nut-cookies-iv/detail.aspx

1/2 c butter, softened
3/4 c sugar
1 egg
1 t vanilla
1 1/4 c flour
1/2 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
1 c white chocolate chips
1/2 c macadamia nuts

Preheat the oven to 375.

Cream the butter and sugar together on medium speed for 2-3 minutes.  The mixture should look lighter in color and fluffy.

Reduce speed to low.  Add the egg and vanilla.  Mix until it's mixed in.

Add the flour, baking soda, and salt.  Mix until no flour remains.

Add the chocolate chips and macadamia nuts.  Stir just until combined.

Use a cookie scoop or ice cream to plop the cookie dough onto cookie sheets.  I got 18 cookies out of this batch.  I like my cookies on the bigger side.

Bake for ten minutes.  They will just be slightly browned on the top and barely around the edge.  Don't over-bake them!  They will set up after a few minutes while cooling and will be nice and chewy.

Remove to a cooling rack or wax paper to finish cooling, if you can keep your paws off of them for that long.  :)

Perfect.  Chewy.  Cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment