Monday, March 11, 2013

Garlic Parmesan French Bread

My brother called me this past Saturday and asked if we wanted to go cosmic bowling with him, his girlfriend, and his son.  It was late, and we had already put in a full day.  We figured we'd give it a go.  The kids were great; the baby was content- even with the loud top 40 hits playing with the strobe lights a-flashing.  I was tired at first, but not twenty minutes into bowling, I was doing the Gangnam Style dance across the bowling lanes with my nephew.  As I looked down the lanes, I was relieved that we weren't the only ones partaking in this activity while the song was playing.  I was, however, the oldest one dancing like that by about 15 years.  Sigh.  Someday I may act my age, but not anytime soon!

I blame it on my love of cheese.  Cheese is keeping me child-like.  Kids love cheese.  String cheese.  Grilled Cheese.  Cheeseburgers.  Cut-up cheese.  Cheese sticks.  Cheese pizza.  Cheese bread.  Oh, cheese bread.  It is a glorious addition to any meal.  This garlic cheese bread was delicious,  I'm not sure if it was the layer of butter/oil/garlic on the bottom or the perfect golden browned crust.  Maybe it was a mixture of both.  Either way, this stuff is delicious.


Garlic Parmesan French Bread

4  cloves garlic, minced
2 T butter
2 T olive oil
1 loaf French bread, split lengthwise
3 T grated Parmesan or mozzarella (or a combination of both)
parsley

Place garlic, butter, and oil in a small microwave-safe bowl.  Cook for 1 minute.  Set aside.

Pre-heat the broiler on low.  Put the bread, cut side up, on a cookie sheet.  Place in under the broiler for 2-3 minutes or until it is golden brown.  Take the bread out, and brush it with the butter/olive oil mixture.  Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese and parsley on top.  Put back under the broiler for 30 seconds.

Cut it into chunks.

No comments:

Post a Comment