Saturday, June 23, 2012

Oatmeal Coconut Chewies

Do you ever come across a cookie recipe that you love so much, you want to cry?  No?  Maybe it's just me that gets an emotional attachment to food- cookies in particular.  These are unbelievable.  I seriously made them three times within a two week period because they were that tasty.  The original recipe does not call for white chocolate chips or macadamia nuts, but they would be an amazing addition!  I'd love to try white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts one of these times.  They would knock my socks off!

Everyone that I took these to, chased me down, tackled me, and demanded the recipe before I left the building.  Try them out.  As much as I love chocolate chip cookies, thesejust might be in a tie for my favorite cookie.
Oatmeal Coconut Chewies
source: Melskitchencafe.com

1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened to cool room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 cups flour
1 cup shredded, sweetened coconut
1 cup quick oats
1 c white chocolate chips (optional)
3/4 c chopped macadamia nuts (optional)


Preheat the oven to 350.  Cream the butter, sugars, eggs, and vanilla until light and fluffy- 3 to 6 minutes.

Add the dry ingredients until well combined.

Drop by tablespoonfulls onto cookie sheets.  Bake for 9-11 minutes.  They should be set but not overly browned.  They will still be slightly soft in the center.  Don't overcook them!  They aren't called "Oatmeal Coconut Crunchies!"

Cool on the baking sheet for a couple minutes then let them cool on wire racks or wax paper. 

You can thank me later for this one.  :)  Actually- thank Mel from Melskitchencafe.com  The recipe is from her!  Shout out!  I wish I could give her a big, bug hug.  She deserves it.  I love her website and recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment