Sunday, July 24, 2011

Give Me Some Sugar! Cookies

In the movie "Army of Darkness," the main character Ash saves the day.  He looks over at the girl, and says, "Give me some sugar, baby!" and he kisses her.  Well, I think in the deleted scenes, she actually pulls out some of these cookies and gives them to him.  I'm sure he was cool with that.

I was going to visit a few people this afternoon, and I wanted to take something delicious.  I don't think people answer the door when I come over unless I have something sugary and fattening in my hands.  Well, these fit the bill!  But, boy are they good sugar cookies!  They aren't the sugar cookies that you frost, and trust me, frosting on these would be way too much!  These are great when you want something other than peanut butter or chocolate chip cookies.
 Give me some sugar! cookies
source: my recipe box- I have no idea where I found this recipe.  It was a long time ago.

2 c flour
1 t baking powder
1/4 t salt
1/4 t baking soda
8 T butter, softened (If your butter is salted, omit the 1/4 t salt)
1 1/2 c sugar
1 egg
1 t vanilla
1/4 c sour cream

Preheat the oven to 325 desgrees.  In  bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.  Set aside.  In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar for 2-4 minutes.  Add the egg and vanilla.  Beat well.  On low, beat half of the flour mixture.  Once it's incorporated, add the sour cream.  Mix well.  Add the remaining flour mixture and mix until smooth.  Drop by 3-4 T onto a cookie sheet about 3 inches apart.  Bake until the edges are firm and beginning brown.  15-18 minutes.  Cool. 

You have no idea how hard it was to not make "Army of Darkness" references throughout this post. I'd probably be the only one laughing, so I spared you the quotes.  Enjoy the cookies though!

No comments:

Post a Comment