Monday, April 25, 2011

Caramel Fudge Sauce

Every time I have tried to make homemade hot fudge, I have been disappointed- until I tried this one.  Oh. My. Goodness.  I loved it.  And to make it better, it's fudge and caramel together.  It's like having Paul Simon by himself, which is wonderful, but adding the high pitched harmonies of Garfunkel makes the music better.  Well, the addition of Garfunkel's poofy afro helps, too.  Likewise, the addition of caramel makes this hot fudge gloriously wonderful. 
Caramel Hot Fudge:
Source: Taste of Home Chocolate Lover's Cookbook

12 oz evaporated milk
1 c sugar
dash salt
1 c butter
3 T dark corn syrup
1 c semi-sweet chocolate chips
24 caramels
1/2 t vanilla

In a medium saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients.  Stir over medium heat until the mixture is smooth and the caramels are melted.  Don't boil it. 
 Remove from the heat and add the vanilla.  Put the fudge sauce in a mixer and beat it on medium for five minutes.  Beat on high for two minutes.  Cool for 30 minutes before serving with ice cream.
Beating the sauce in a mixer does wonders to it.  It turns out so smooth and creamy.  I'll be making this fudge sauce for years and years to come.  Shoot- I'm even thinking of giving this stuff out as a Christmas present.  I think I'd take this stuff over a plate of cookies any day.  So, if you're on my Christmas delivery list, you just might get a jar of this tasty concoction.  Get your ice cream ready! And peanuts.  And whipped cream.  And a cherry.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment