Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Spiced Pistachios

Most kids like potato chips, skittles, Goldfish crackers, fruit snacks, or sugar-coated chocolate/peanut butter nodules. My kids? They request pistachios. When my husband got a giant bag of them from my parents for Christmas, I think my kids were more excited than he was! They grub on those things all the time. Although they eat them like there is no tomorrow, I still have a ginormous bag of pistachios to use up.

My oldest brother goes to this store somewhere in a little town called Pahrump that sells seasoned pistachios. They are phenomonal! We tried some garlic/onion pistachios, and I wish that I could recreate those! This recipe that I found is good, but they are not as up to par as the others. My husband took these to work with him to snack on when he's feeling snacky and away from the ability to stand in front of a fridge for 10 minutes trying to figure out what to snack on.

If you like pistachios, it's worth a try.
Spiced Pistachios:
Source: Aggie's blog

3 T melted butter
1/4 c Worcestershire sauce
1 t chili powder
1/2 t garlic powder
1/2 t cinnamon
4 cups pistachios with the shell on

Preheat the oven to 350.

Mix the first five ingredients in a large bowl. Never in a million years would I have put these five ingredients together- with pistachios, none the less!
Add the pistachios.
Toss to evenly coat the pistachios.
Spread them out on a cookie sheet in an even layer. Bake for 20-25 minutes, stirring half way through.
Plop them in a bowl and serve 'em up!

No comments:

Post a Comment