Monday, January 17, 2011

Marinated Antipasto

This is one of those recipes that would have terrifed me as a child because there is not way that I would have touched this stuff. My husband, on the other hand, loves anitpasto. He saw this recipe in my Simple and Delicious magazine and circled it about 8 times. Do you think he was trying to tell me something? I gave it a try, and it was really good! I would make a few changes to the recipe, but I'll put my two-sense at the bottom of the page.
Marinated Antipasto
source: Taste of Home- Simple and Delicious magazine Dec/Jan 2011

1/4 c olive oil
1/4 c red wine vinegar
2 T orange juice
1 t grated orange peel
1 t rosemary
1 t tarragon

1/2 lb mozzarella, cut into cubes
2/3 c pimiento stuffed olives
2/3 c pitted Greez olives
2/3 c pitted black olives
1 jar whole mushrooms, drained
1/2 lb thinly sliced hard salami

Combine the marinade ingredients in a bowl with a lid or a large plastic bag.
Add all of the remaining ingredients and let it marinate overnight.

When you're ready to eat it, place it all on a plate. Dig in!

Here comes my two-sense... I omitted the Greek and pimiento olives. I think pepperoni would be an awesome addition to this. Also, I would add 1/4 Italian dressing. It was good the way it was, if you like this sort of thing, but I think the Italian dressing would add a little zip to the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment