Thursday, December 30, 2010

Orange Lemon Limeade AKA Citrus Glory

Lemonade is awesome. Orange juice is great. Limeade is phenomenal. Well, what happens when you combine all three? You get what my husband calls "Citrus Glory" or "the sweet nectar of the Gods." This stuff is out of this world. The first time I made it, I couldn't believe how delicious it was. Everyone that tries it says that it is the best lemonade they've ever had. I'm going to have to agree with them! It costs a bit of money because you have to buy five lemons, five limes, and five oranges. However, it makes a gallon, and 6.00 a gallon is about what you'd be spending for good quality lemonade any way. My brother got me the coolest juicer for Christmas, and I used it for this. I'm going to have to upload a picture for you.

Here is the recipe... Brace yourself... I almost didn't post this because I like to be selfish with this recipe. It's so good, but I think every one needs to give this a try.
Orange-Lemon-Limade:
Source: Taste of Home "Grandma's Kitchen"

5 lemons
5 limes
5 oranges
1 1/2 - 2 c sugar
3 quarts of water

Put the water into a large pitcher. Juice the oranges, lemons, and limes. Pour the juice into the pitcher with the water. Add 1 1/2 c sugar. Stir to mix well. Taste it. You can add up to another 1/2 c of sugar if you'd like. I think I used about 1 3/4 c sugar, and it was perfect for me.

That's it! I'm telling you- This is so easy, and you will get so many compliments on it. This is the best for a BBQ, or for that matter, any time you eat- this will pair quite nicely with it. :)

1 comment:

  1. That's pretty good. A lot of work peeling (we doubled it). Kevin and I enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete