Monday, September 13, 2010

Strawberry Spinach Salad

If someone told me ten years ago that I would someday eat a Strawberry Spinach salad, I would have burst into hysterical laughter. There is no earthly way that I would have even touched the stuff. Luckily, something switched, and I tried it one day. Hot Diggity Dog. It's a taste sensation. I think it's wonderful because it's so flippin' easy to make, it's pretty healthy (aside from the sugar), and it is a tasty salad. When we lived with my in-laws a couple years ago, my father-in-law could polish off a whole bowl of this himself. I think he still makes it all the time. Anyway- enough of this jabbering. To the recipe.

Strawberry Spinach Salad:
adapted from Taste of Home: Potlucks, Picnics, and Barbecues
1 bag baby spinach leaves
12 strawberries, cut into slices or chunks
1/4 c honey roasted almonds
1 T Cider vinegar
1 T honey
1 1/2 t sugar

Throw (not literally... that could get messy) the spinach, strawberries, and almonds in a bowl. Combine the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and stir to dissolve the sugar. Pour the dressing on top and toss with tongs. Put the dressing on right before you eat, so the Spinach stays crisp.

That's it! See? Piece of cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment