Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Steak Fajitas

Have I mentioned on here that I love Mexican food? Yes? Okay. I'll get off my soapbox. :) I just love the stuff! I found this recipe in one of the first cookbooks I ever owned- "Favorite brand Name Best-Loved Recipes of All Time." It's a good one for sure. This is a really easy recipe and when I make it, I never get any complaints.
by the way- Sorry I don't have more pictures. I wasn't going to post this one originally, so I didn't take any more. I hope you find it in your heart to forgive me. :)
Steak Fajitas:

1 pound top round steak, sliced thin
1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
1 medium onion, cut into thin slices and halved
8 flour tortillas
cheese
sour cream
salsa
avocados

Marinade:

2 T orange juice
2 T white vinegar
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 t cumin
1/2 t oregano
1/8 t salt
1/8 pepper

Combine the marinade ingredients. Pour half of it into a ziplock bag. Add the beef. I like to slice the steak while it's still slightly frozen. You can get some great thin slices like that. Put the steak in the fridge and marinate for 6-8 hours or overnight. I have done it an hour in advance, and it's still really tasty. Pour the other half of the marinade into another bag and add the vegetables. Put it in the fridge with the steak. Do not use the same bag unless you prefer some cross-contamination with your fajitas.

Once you're ready to eat, heat up a skillet to medium-high heat. Add the vegetables and stir-fry for about 3 minutes. Remove from pan. Add the steak strips and stir fry for one to two minutes- only until it is no longer pink. You don't want to overcook the meat or it will be tough. return the vegetables to the pan. Toss to combine.

Serve the mixture in a warm tortilla, top with cheese, sour cream, avocado, and salsa.

I've got a homemade tortilla recipe on here if you're really feeling rambunctious.

No comments:

Post a Comment