Sunday, September 12, 2010

Lemon Cashew Fruit Dip

My mom is a great cook. I think I've always looked up to her and hoped that I could make people happy with my food as she has with hers. This is one of her recipes, and quite possibly, one of my favorites. I love fruit anytime, but when it is dipped is this sweet, lemony, crunchy dip, I fly off into Happy Fruit Dip Land. I think if Walt Disney were still alive, he would add this land into Disneyland. This dip is the best. Then again, cream cheese and lemon zest make almost anything delicious. Lemon Cashew Fruit Dip:

2 bricks cream cheese
1 canister lemon yogurt
1 c powdered sugar
zest from one lemon
1/2 c chopped cashews

Throw the cream cheese in your mixer and beat it until it's whipped up all nice and smooth. Add the lemon yogurt and mix well. Add the powdered sugar and mix yet again. Add lemon zest, and you've guessed it- mix it again.

If you are going to eat it right away, add the cashews. If you're serving it later, wait to add the cashews right before you serve it. That way, they don't get a soggified. (Yes- I know that isn't a real word. I blame Curious George. They said "floppified" on that show, and I loved it. Now, in my book, -ified is a wonderful suffix for any verb while cooking.)As I am looking at this picture, I am wondering why my pointer finger isn't on the fruit. Weird.. Anyway- I hope you enjoy this recipe. If you do, thank my mom. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment