Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Corn on the Cob with Parsley Butter

My family loves corn on the cob. My kids eat it like in those old cartoons where it sounds like a typewriter and at the end of the row you hear the "ding!" I had an epiphany one day when I was serving corn and thought, "hey! I should soften butter, throw some herbs and garlic powder in there, and use a pastry brush to put it on." Ahh! What a concept. It works wonderfully, although you have to explain to guests that it's not a paintbrush- it's a pastry brush. :) This is an easy way to make corn on the cob just a little different. One more thing- the corn we had was so juicy. My husband, who was sitting across the table from me, took a bite of his corn and the juice from the bite hit my face. Ridiculously juicy.

Corn on the Cob with Parsley Butter:

1/4 c softened butter
1 t dried parsley
1/4 t garlic powder
fresh ground pepper and salt

Mix all that up and put it in a small bowl. Add a pastry brush so your fellow diners can easily butter their corn without completely destroying the stick of butter in your butter dish.

That's it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment