Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Best Bean Dip

I'm not a fan of football. But... if this stuff is around during a game, I can sit and eat it all while watching the game. This bean dip is creamy and delicious. It's really simple to throw together, too. It was meant for the crock pot, but I just do it on the stove-top in a saucepan when I'm pressed for time or when my husband or I crave some junk late at night.

Best Bean dip:
adapted from Fix It and Forget It

15 oz can refried beans
1 c salsa
1 c Monterey Jack cheese
I c cheddar cheese
3/4 c sour cream
3 oz cream cheese
1 T chili powder
1/4 t cumin
Tortilla chips

Put everything (except the tortilla chips) in a saucepan. Heat it over medium heat, stirring often, until the cheese are all melted. If you are having a party or something, this would be best in a crock pot so it can stay warm. It will take a couple hours on high in a crock pot. The end!

No comments:

Post a Comment