Thursday, August 19, 2010

Twisty Cheesy Breadsticks

Recently, I posted a recipe for Chicken Rolls. I had leftover dough, and this is what I came up with. I had seen it in a cookbook before, but instead of using the dough they recommend, I tried the leftover dough. It turned out great. I always love to have bread as a side for meals, and this fits the bill perfectly.














By the way, if any of you see Cinderella, tell her that her missing slipper is in my kitchen. (Look in the upper left corner of the picture). :)

Twisty Cheesy Breasticks:

Left-over dough from Chicken Rolls or frozen dough
1/2 c softened butter
1/2 t each parsley, oregano, thyme
1/4 t garlic powder and onion powder
1/2 c mozzarella cheese
1/4 c Parmesan cheese




Preheat the oven to 375. Roll out the dough into a 12 inch square. Combine the butter and seasoning in a small bowl. Brush it on the dough.













Sprinkle the mozzarella and Parmesan cheese onto the dough. Fold it into thirds.















I used a pizza cutter to cut off the ends that were rounded. Then, use the pizza cutter to cut 1 inch thick segments. I ended up with 11 since I cut off the ends.














Take one of the pieces, stretch it out a little bit and twist it. I twisted mine about two or three times. Some cheese will fall out and become a casualty, but most should stay in there. Put them on a greased cookie sheet about two inches apart.

Bake them for 12 minutes or until golden brown.

I thought they were pretty good with the leftover dough, but frozen Rhodes dough would work as well. Just thaw it until you can roll it out into the 12 inch square.

This recipe was adapted from "Taste of Home 50th Anniversary Cookbook." Have I mentioned that I love Taste of Home? I honestly think it has made a gazillion (yes, that's a number) times better as a cook. If you don't have any cookbooks or use hamburger helper, go out and buy the maroon Taste of Home binder/cookbook. One of the best cookbooks I own, and I own quite a few. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment